Electrical Safety Pensacola
Do you know how to prevent electrical fires? Electrical safety is very important to know and practice in your home. You’re around it every day, so it’s good to know the safety precautions when dealing with electricity. If you’re not too familiar with electrical safety, Complete DKI is here to help you.
Around 50,000 fires each year are from electrical fires. They have resulted in over 500 deaths and more than 1,000 injuries. With the holidays quickly approaching and people are going to be using lights and more electrical things than usual, here are some tips to keep you and your family safe:
– Never yank a power cord from the wall. This can result in electric shock.
– Make sure to keep children and pets away from power cords and outlets. Animals like chewing on things, and a light strand connecting to the Christmas tree is not a good choice.
– Replace and light switches that flicker or get hot.
– Do not use electrical cords that are loose or damaged.
– Refrain from running cords under carpets or in walkways.
Electrical fires can be started and prevented in so many ways. They usually start from electrical failure or malfunction. Do not plug a lot of things into one outlet or extension cord. Overloading these can cause the breaker to trip, an appliance to stop working, or even worse, a fire. If you have small children, use tamper resistant receptacles and outlet covers. Also, always remember to keep electrical items away from water. If you have a Christmas tree that has to have water, make sure the lights around the tree and the power cords do not touch the water.
If you experience an electrical fire in your Pensacola home, Complete DKI has a 24 hour emergency response team, 7 days a week. Our team is always professional, uniformed, and ready to help. Give us a call at our full service location on Davis Highway at 850-CALL-DKI OR 850-255-5354.
Copyright 2016 Complete DKI. Powered by Spot On Solutions.